About the Blueprints Conference
THE GOALThe goal of the conference is to disseminate science-based information on programs that have the highest standards for promoting education, behavior, emotional well-being, physical health and positive relationships. This conference will provide support, guidance, and tools by program experts to help practitioners implement these programs successfully in their own communities.
THE PURPOSEThe purpose of bringing developers and practitioners of evidence-based programs together in one location is to provide a first-class conference that offers continuing education and networking opportunities. This conference sets a foundation for future collaboration among those interested in the promotion of evidence-based programs.
- State child welfare, juvenile justice, education, mental and behavioral health, and public directors seeking to invest in evidence-based programs for children
- Public school district administrators with oversight for program planning
- Federal agencies with oversight for children’s programs
- Foundations supporting research and practice on children’s issues
- Policymakers interested in programs they should support
- Community-based programs and advocacy organizations/advocates
- Researchers and program developers – understanding standards and information about similar programs
About Blueprints for Healthy Youth DevelopmentBlueprints (formerly Blueprints for Violence Prevention) began in 1996 and is hosted at the University of Colorado Boulder—Center for the Study and Prevention of Violence (CSPV). With over a decade of funding from the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, Blueprints maintained a focus on violence and drug use outcomes. Through funding from the Annie E. Casey Foundation it has recently expanded its scope to include mental and physical health, self-regulation, and educational achievement outcomes.
Blueprints’ standards for certifying model and promising programs are widely recognized as the most rigorous in use. Program effectiveness is based upon an initial review by CSPV and a final review and recommendation from a distinguished advisory board, comprised of six experts in the field of youth development. Users can have confidence in the ability of the certified programs to change targeted behavior and developmental outcomes.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT BLUEPRINTS MODEL PROGRAMS
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT BLUEPRINTS PROMISING PROGRAMS
For more information about Blueprints for Violence Prevention, please contact Sharon Mihalic at 303-492-2137 or via email at email@example.com.